Saturday, July 4, 2009

Excuses and Updates

I'm sure some of you have been wondering why I haven't updated this in a while. I actually have several reasons. The first is that after all of your wonderful suggestions, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed. And then I ran the Candlelight run 5k. I did pretty well (especially considering that it was so hot and humid here), but my recently slightly-twisted ankle, perpetually screwy knees, and an old dance injury I kind of forgot I had were not happy with the last half of the race being all downhill. So I was sidelined from running for a bit. In addition to that, I've actually been working at the restaurant a fair bit, which has included carrying food out to the tables. I did not realize how intense of a job that was going to be and kind of swelled up a lat (so no push-ups).

And then I woke up yesterday and realized the summer was half over. So I approached this with renewed vigor. I am currently plodding through The Scarlet Pimpernel and Cassandra Clare's books, so expect that soon. Running and push-ups also recommence this week. And the writing... I was starting to freak out about writer's block, etc. And than I saw this:



So that's how that's going to go from now on. Let the record show that I showed up for work today. So there.

Oh. And I have taken some North GA pics, but I feel like more are required.
More later. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment